The Asian American Government Executives Network (AAGEN) Senior Executive Service (SES) Development Program is accepting applications for its 2021-2022 Class through February 15, 2021.
The AAGEN SES Development Program is a tuition-free program that offers executive development courses, coaching in mock interviews, individual mentoring, and career counseling for candidates to gain the skills to effectively compete for SES positions. Each candidate will be assigned an SES or a Flag officer mentor who will provide guidance throughout the program. Other benefits include:
- SES application preparation
- Public speaking tutorials
- Leadership training
- Networking opportunities
The next class will commence in April 2021 and the program will continue through May 2022. The training sessions will be held in the Washington, DC metro area and/or virtual VDO conference. Participants should expect a quarterly time commitment of 2-3 days of classes and other sessions, plus one mentoring session. Additional activities, as assigned by the SES mentor and trainers, will be completed on the participant’s own time.
For more information about the program, please visit http://www.aagen.org/SESDevelopmentProg
AAGEN SES Development Class Size:
- Up to 20 government participants and 4 non-government participants may be selected for this program
Who May Apply:
- Applicants must be at the GS-15 equivalent level or higher, and have at least one (1) year of supervisory experience, or GS-14 with five years of supervisory experience
- Current federal government employees and qualified professionals from outside the federal government may apply
- Applicants from both AAPIs and non-AAPIs who can demonstrate that they support the mission of SES DP to promote more AAPIs into leadership positions within the government.
- Complete the online 2021-2022 AAGEN SES Development Program Registration Application (click on register button) by February 15, 2021.
- Submit a completed supporting application package as one combined Adobe Acrobat file (.pdf) to email@example.com by February 15, 2021.
As one combined Adobe Acrobat file (.pdf), the supporting application package will consist of the following:
- A completed Executive Development Plan (sample). Developmental projects will be required as part of the training. A Developmental Assignment is highly encouraged with support from the federal agency or employer and should be reflected in the Developmental Plan.
- Completed Executive Core Qualifications (Please refer to OPM guidance for ECQ writing: each ECQ cannot exceed 2 pages, and the font should be regular and legible (no less than 12pt font). One page per ECQ also is encouraged and acceptable
- A current resume
- Up to two written references (optional)
Incomplete applications will be rated as "ineligible" and will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified via email of the selection committee’s decision by March-April 2021
Selected applicants will be required to do the following prior to acceptance into the program:
- Provide evidence of supervisory approval and/or organizational support
- Have an active AAGEN membership for the duration of the 2021-2022 SES Development Program
If you have any questions, please contact Dares Charoenphol (SES DP Operations Lead and Alumnus) at firstname.lastname@example.org